Saturday, February 28, 2009

National Cathedral.

The Washington National Cathedral has long been a favorite of DC area photographers. Yours truly not excepted. Here are two shots that are about 5 years apart. The first was shot with an F100 and Velvia film. The second a D200 and a custom curve to mimic Velvia.

There are plenty more where these came from. But interestingly--or embarrassingly!--I have only exterior images of this monstrosity. I've never, until today, ventured inside.

Though it aspires to be Notre Dame, it falls short--how can it not? But it is still fairly impressive. For a short period of time I felt transported to some old world gothic basilica... or at least some place other than a church in NW Washington.

5 comments:

  1. I like the interior shots esp. the first two!

    I sent my short boxing essay to Eric Espinosa today for some feedback and submitted one image to Burn....

    At the moment it's a hustle to finish up some more entries for the Fresh Milk competition!

    Cheers, Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my attempt at what others have done so well over the years, but as part of an assignment for the drum...

    http://fedoraphoto.blogspot.com/

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm going to have to take a look-see inside the Cathedral.

    Cool stuff...

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks dude. By the way, that sarcophagus in the first pic contains President Woodrow Wilson. (it's kind of hard to read the lettering in the photo)

    I had no idea he was there.

    ReplyDelete